PS 11 Chess Team
PS 11 Chess Team
Welcome to The Chelsea ChessMates!
- Mayor's Cup Runner-up
- All Girls U 1200 National Championship Runner-up
- 1st Grade National Championship - 6th Place
- 2nd Grade National Championship - 6th Place
- 5th Grade National Championship - 9th Place
- Elementary Intermediate - 2nd Place State Championship
- Primary Championship - 5th Place State Championship
- Elementary Championship - 6th Place State Championship
Tuesday Chess Club & Team Practice:
Fall 2017 Semester: September 19th - February 13th
- September 19th, 26th
- October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- November 14th, 21st, 28th
- December 5th, 12th, 19th
- January 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- February 6th, 13th
Players meet in the library directly after-school where they receive a light snack and have a team meeting. Instruction and play will occur in PS 11 classes onsite. Pick-up will occur at 5 PM directly in front of the school.
PS 11 Program Vision:
Establishing a high energy vibrant weekly training session. Players are matched into specific groups based on skill, interest level & age. This allows coaches to identify and create the right training environment for each student. (beginner- advanced)
Approximate class groupings:
- Kings - 1000 + USCF
- Queens - 600 + USCF
- Rooks - U 600 USCF with a eye towards competition
- Knights - Social developmental play
- Pawns - K/1, introductory coaching & play
Lateral classroom movements will occur, as we experiment with class grouping and activities to identify the optimal training opportunities for our players. Also players may be promoted throughout the season as coaches feel fit.
PS 11 will have a weekly opening meeting, where past weeks success is recognized, the upcoming events are emphasized and expectations and team spirit is reinforced.
Program leadership will ensure a single thread of PS 11 team spirit and standards in each class. Coaches will get to know each kid in the program and be able to speak on each ones strengths and weaknesses as their relationship with the program evolves over time.
Each groups coaches will also track and monitor both their USCF and chesskid ratings week over week, helping to guide and motivate them along the way.
Program leaders will also work to guide the coaches; the expectation is that each class will be progressive and coaches will provide a productive session, each and every week.
* Each member will receive a chesskid.com gold membership
Contact Your PS 11 Coaching Team:
Support PS 11 Chess:
Donations can be made towards additional weekend team coaching, nationals coaching and team room expenses.
Make sure to select a support PS 11 option in order to process the order.