ICN Monthly Team Competitons:
ICN Monthly Team Invitational:
At ICN we believe that providing the opportunity for players and teams to compete in a supportytive / competitive environment is an essential step in their chess development. Not only does it provide an opportunity to apply our classroom learning into game situations, it also allows for team building through a collective goal of team success.
Competitions also reinforce the important values of practical/patient play, good sportsmanship, understanding the process of winning & losing and team spirit.
Our ICN Tournaments will include prizes for both Individuals and Teams in each section.
- PS 111, 440 West 53rd St, NYC
- PS 116, 210 E 33rd St, NYC
There will be no onsite registration. Registration will close at 12 PM the night before.
- Our Impact Coaching Network Team Opens welcome players and teams city-wide.
- Team prizes will count the top 4 scoring players from the same team in each section.
- If you would like to have your school added as a listed team please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All ICN sections are USCF rated. In order to participate you must have a valid USCF ID #. You may register for the USCF Register Now
- U 600 - Youngest Beginners
- U 1200 - Advancing Competitors - Notation Required
- 1200 + - Notation Required
Lunch & Snacks:
Pizza and other light snacks will avilable onsite.
Rules & Schedule:
3 Rounds, G/45, D5
Playing hall will be in the cafeteria
- 9:00 - Arrive in Team Room
- 9:30 AM - First Round
- 11:15 AM - 2nd Round
- 1:00 PM - 3rd Round
- 2:45 PM - Award Ceremony
Individual & Team Prizes:
- Individuals - Top 10 players in U 300 & U 800. Top 5 players in U 1200 sections
- Teams - Top 2 teams in all sections.